Typically, we set up occupations for you, but if you have a new occupation and don’t want to wait for us, you can:
1. Click Occupations in your Manage sidebar and then click the orange + button to get started.
2. You'll be prompted to the occupation name, ONet Code, duration, and type (Hour, Hybrid, or Competency). You can also choose to enable Daily Hours.
NOTE: Hour-based apprenticeships will only be able to add hour requirements. Competency apprenticeships will only be able to list skills. Hybrid apprenticeships will be able to list both hour requirements and list of skills.
After that, you can add Work Processes and Related Instruction (and Evaluations if you have turned that on).
3. Now, let’s add a work process. You can click the + Work Process button to open a new work process. From here, you’ll be able to add the name, description (if any), and hours along with the sort order (A, B, C, etc.). We automatically build the sort order based on the way you enter but you can change that if you’d like.
Each time you finish entering a work process, click Save on that work process to enter another.
4. Repeat 3 for as many work processes as you want for your occupation.
5. Next, fill out Related Instruction. You can click the + Requirement button to open a new rsi. From here, you’ll be able to add the topic, hours, school (optional) along with the sort order (1, 2, 3, etc.). We automatically build the sort order based on the way you enter but you can change that if you’d like.
6. Repeat 5 for as many related instruction as you want for your occupation.
Once all of the details are added to your occupation, click Save to create the new occupation.
NOTE: Once you have active apprentices assigned to an occupation, we do not allow edits or deletion as it will ruin much of the progress / history associated with their account. If for any reason, you need to make changes to an occupation with active apprentices, please contact us.